Comment on page
The In & Out
Helping teams sync their productive time.
How this helped: It helped us avoid burnout when we tried to continually stay in a "expanding" phase for too long. When people were no longer on different phases than each-other our coordination costs decreased.
For example one phase may be 2 weeks where teams are working externally:
- a greater focus on the operations of the organization;
- create new relationships, attend events, etc;
- write and share code & articles, etc;
The contracting phase is of equal length and priority where teams work internally:
- a greater focus to the people, purpose, and governance processes of the organization;
- following through with existing relationships and build community;
- gain feedback, sense needs;
- design new features;
- find inspiration;